Mapuche Culture

Moi! [Hi!]

Well, about the Mapuche conflict, I admit that I’m not really interested in it, so I’m not well informed about it.

But according to news, they have serious problems with their land, I really don’t know how to explain it, and it can sound strange or bad, but it’s true.

I think that the mapuches deserve an especial recognize. I mean in Swedish, for example, when a Lapp (a person who belongings to an ethnic group) goes to the city (Stockholm, Uppsala, etcetera), people admire him, their typical clothes, modals and, of course, his culture. But here, we despise to this kind of people, mapuches, yaganes or wherever ethnic group, we are almost ashamed of them or something like that, because we avoid them and, I don’t know, we exclude them… we don’t recognize all their good thing, especially in their culture. I don’t know if it is the correct word, but we are racist, because we value other foreign cultures, or maybe we discriminate against our cultures owns… They know all about plants and natural medicine, his language is amazing, and their knowledge is incredible, they are admirable! Despite it, we ignore them…

Well, I know, according the news, that the mapuches were more than two months in a hunger strike, which seem to me horrible! To obtain a solution to the problems of their land and they refused several instances to dialogue with the authorities, fortunately, they finally abandoned the hunger strike, but I think they health was damaged with it.

About a solution to their requires, I’m not really brilliant in this kind of thing, but I think that with a dialogue between the two interested parts, a lot of patience, and of course, the disposition to reach an agreement.Honestly, I doubt that the real solution could be reached one day, because any of the two parts are prepared to forget or concede his ideals or petitions.


Näkemiin! [Bye!]


Rottien

2 comments:

Aia said...

I agree with you when you say that we, chileans, mostly ignore them, instead of knowing them. We still think that we are all so "white" and aspire to be like advanced european countries, forgetting that most of us have amerindian mtDNA, mostly provided by mapuches!(sorry for the nerd contribution xD)

maandres said...

I absolutely agree with you, the dialoged between the two interested part is the walk more use in the past and present, but I think that their and the government have not gave to step for the solutions. Alina very good contribution!!